Sometimes I wonder what kind of world my children will inherit. There are a lot of ugly things going on. The best I think I can do is love people. Stand up for those who are marginalized. Shine the love of Christ to those around me.
God is clear about what we are to do. Speak up. Defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Be inspired to do more. Here are just a few books I’ve read that have helped me in my journey. I hope they spark your own. [all links are affiliate links, which means if you purchase one of these books through Amazon, I earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you!]
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Hehesi Coates
3. Love Does by Bob Goff
4. Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
5. What Color is Your God? by Columbus Salley and Ronald Behm
This book is out of print but you can find it used on Amazon. I won’t link to it because those options change frequently. Definitely worth the read if you can find it. Make sure you get the correct authors. There is another book by the same title.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
7. Raising White Kids by Jennifer Harvey
8. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
9. Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson